The Arcteryx Beta JAcket of the LT (Lightweight) line is a super light but extremely versatile Gore-Tex Pro shell. With a refined simplicity that maximizes its versatility, the Arcteryx Beta LT shell jacket offers GORE-TEX Pro protection and light resistance in a wide range of activities. Helmet-compatible StormHood ™ offers complete coverage without hindering sight lines and adjusts with custom Cohaesive ™ lanyards suitable for gloves. The specific fit of women puts GORE-TEX close to the body, maximizing breathability. The longer rear length extends the cover and fits comfortably under a harness. In a nutshell the minimalist design of this Gore-Tex Pro shell maximizes performance and durability in any thermal conditions.
FEATURES JACKET ARCTERYX BETA LT JACKET:
- Packs up small for easy travel storage
- Taped seams for added weatherproofness
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Laminated high-strength hanger loop
- Trim fit for athletic performance
- Improved fit with longer body length
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Articulated elbows
- e3D Ergonomic 3-Dimensional patterning for enhanced comfort and mobility
- Gusseted underarms for mobility and comfort
- Adjustable hood drawcords
- Helmet compatible StormHood™
- Laminated brim
- Cohaesive™ hood adjustments for ease of use with mittens or glove
- Chin guard with brushed microsuede facing for added comfort
- Tall collar
- WaterTight™ Vislon front zip
- Micro corded zipper pulls
- Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
- DryCuff™ laminated adjustable cuffs
- Drop back hem
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Two hand pockets with WaterTight™ zippers
- Internal chest pocket with zip
- Note: Our WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- DWR (Durable Water Repellent) finish repels moisture
An important distinction for the purchase of the shell is the number of layers of the techno-fiber membrane:
- 3 layers: the membrane is glued between the outer fabric and the inner lining. This allows less wear and longer life of the membrane as the layers do not rub together. Even the fabric's performance is better.
- 2 layers: the membrane is laminated only to the outer fabric, while the inner lining is generally free. Cheaper but less lightweight solution, plus the separate lining allows for a better fit, more comfort and versatility.
- 2.5 layers: the membrane is glued only to the outer fabric, while the inner side instead of the lining shows a coating of protective varnish. Solution that gives great lightness to the fabric.
- The membrane can be laminated to a light and free fabric, between the outer fabric and the lining.